Welcome to the companion website for Solid State Chemistry and its Applications, 2nd Edition, Student Edition by Anthony R. West. This website contains a variety of supplementary resources which will be useful to users of the book.
On this site you will find the following resources:
- CrystalViewer (available for Windows and Mac).
CrystalViewer is a visualisation program for displaying and manipulating crystal structures. The CrystalViewer software facilitates the exploration of crystal structures in three dimensions, allowing users to view the structures in different orientations, and highlight/hide different structural features so as to aid the interpretation of complex crystal structures.
- Crystal structure library.
The CrystalViewer program is accompanied by over 100 crystal structure files; many of these structures relate directly to illustrations from the book, identified by their figure numbers, and a variety of additional structures are provided to complement the concepts and applications discussed in the text.
- Answers to the question set.
The complete set of questions can be found on pages 525–535 of the book.
- Figures from the book as PowerPoint slides.
Copies of all the figures in the book are provided in PowerPoint format for viewing or downloading.
Resources are displayed in two ways:
- Using the menu at the top, select a chapter. A list of resources available for that particular chapter will be provided.
- Using the menu at the top, select a resource. This will allow you to access a particular resource section. You will then have the option of selecting resources within the section or going directly to a specific chapter.
About the Book
Solid State Chemistry and its Applications, 2nd Edition, Student Edition is an extensive update and sequel to the bestselling textbook Basic Solid State Chemistry, the classic text for undergraduate teaching in solid state chemistry worldwide.
Click here to purchase a copy of the book or to view full details.
You are free to download the material on this site for your own use and teaching purposes. For all other uses please contact our Permissions Department.