Welcome to the website to accompany Pseudoscience and Extraordinary Claims of the Paranormal. This Web site gives you access to the rich tools and resources available for this text. You can access these resources in two ways:
- Using the menu at the top, select a chapter. A list of resources available for that particular chapter will be provided.
- Using the menu at the top, select a resource. This will allow you to access a particular resource section. You will then have the option of selecting resources within the section or going directly to a specific chapter.
Note to Instructors:
For more helpful information, visit Dr. Smith's webpage:
This page includes:
- A video/web page library with quick links to over 200 free online video clips students can view at home or in class. Links are organized according to textbook chapters and can be used immediately in the classroom.
- Useful information for prospective students.
- A description of the Roosevelt University Pseudoscience and Paranormal Lab in Chicago and its research program.
- Links to free, read-to-use paranormal and critical thinking inventories developed by Dr. Smith. Instructors are granted permission to use current inventories in class without charge.
- A free online ESP test.
- A complete detailed annotated syllabus (instructor’s version) for Dr. Smith’s course (both online and classroom) on pseudoscience, critical thinking, and the paranormal. Includes written assignments, interesting classroom group activities, lecture topics coordinated with the text, and selected free online video clips to illustrate core concepts and foster discussion.
About the Book
Are ghosts real? Can the living communicate with the dead? Are astrology and psychic readings accurate? In this groundbreaking book, a leading expert in the field makes sense of these mysteries and many more. Geared for paranormal believers and skeptics alike, Pseudoscience and Extraordinary Claims of the Paranormal: A Critical Thinker's Toolkit provides readers with a systematic and clear-headed approach for analyzing paranormal claims and distinguishing science from pseudoscience.