Welcome to the Instructor Companion Site for
Structural Methods in Molecular Inorganic Chemistry
Welcome to the book companion site for Structural Methods in Molecular Inorganic Chemistry by David W. H. Rankin, Norbert W. Mitzel and Carole A. Morrison. This website provides additional material which will be useful to users of the book.
There are several kinds of supplementary material:
- Short accounts of topics that are more advanced or less widely applicable than the core subjects presented in the main text. There is a reference to each supplementary section at the appropriate place in the printed text.
- An algorithm for the determination of symmetry point groups, and point group character tables.
- Worked examples, which are also referenced in the text.
- Answers to the revision questions and discussion problems that are at the end of each chapter of the book.
- Copies of all the figures in the book, so that you can use them in your teaching.
- Finally, the last chapter of the book, which presents case histories, could be extended indefinitely. It is our intention that there should be more, and we hope that those of you who have an interesting story to tell will tell it. Let us know if you have one, and then we can ensure that these accounts of structural research become an ever more valuable and up to date resource. For now, just to get the ball rolling, we have included a few that were in the predecessor of this book, and one new one.
You can access these resources in two ways:
- Using the menu at the top, select a chapter. A list of resources available for that particular chapter will be provided.
- Using the menu at the top, select a resource. This will allow you to access a particular resource section. You will then have the option of selecting resources within the section or going directly to a specific chapter.